- CryoSat-2 and ICESat-2 Coincid...
CryoSat-2 and ICESat-2 Coincident Data Explorer
22 Mar 2021
The new Cryo2Ice Coincident Data Explorer is now live and fully operational. Since July last year, ESA's CryoSat-2 satellite and NASA's ICESat-2 have periodically aligned as part of the CRYO2ICE campaign. The Cryo2Ice Coincident Data Explorer is a fast and convenient way to search for and extract the coincident orbits of the two satellites.
- Makes finding and downloading intersecting CryoSat-2 and ICESat-2 data very easy across the whole globe
- Download scripts to access the data
- Predicted ground track data is available meaning you can see future satellite passes and intersections
- Can use to view CryoSat-2 and ICESat-2 data independently too (i.e. not just intersections)
- Data is available back to the start of the CRYO2ICE alignment campaign in July 2020. Data will be populated back to 2018 in the coming months.
- Available datasets are CryoSat2 LRM, SAR and SARIn mode data, Icesat-2 ATL06 and ATL07
- Allows the user to customise the time window for what it means to coincide in space and time
- Run large requests in batch mode and receive an email with results
- Share a URL for your search results
- Get a KML file of your result locations for future reference
Users can easily start with examples that populate the search parameters by clicking on the test tube icon on the website.
More datasets will be added in the coming months such as Operation IceBridge, CryoVEx, CryoTEMPO-EOLIS. Functionalities such as fused datasets that would make the data even easier to use, may also be added in the future.
The Cryo2Ice Coincident Data Explorer has been built as part of ESA's CryoTEMPO programme.
Please send any feedback, suggestions for datasets and functionalities or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org