In the framework of a Copernicus collaborative agreement between ESA and EUMETSAT, a call is open to relevant groups and individuals worldwide to join the Sentinel-6 ValidationTeam (S6VT). Group responses are particularly welcome.
The Sentinel-6 Validation Team is an international body including lead scientists and engineers "To engage world-class expertise and activities, through mutual benefit collaboration, that support the implementation of the Jason-CS/Sentinel-6 validation activities and ensure the best possible outcomes for the Copernicus Sentinel-6 mission".
This is an open, rolling call with distinct deadlines for proposal submissions on a regular basis.
- Submit a proposal for S6VT Call (EO Sign In account needed, please see Guidelines for submission)
- Guidelines for the submission
- S6VT Proposal submission form
Download documentation related to the S6VT call:
- Sentinel-6 Validation Call
- S6VT General Terms of Reference
- Sentinel-6 Calibration and Validation Concept Plan
- Sentinel-6 End User Requirements Document (EURD)
- Frequently asked questions about S6VT
Learn more about Sentinel-6:
- Jason-CS/Sentinel-6 ALT Generic Product Format Specification (GPFS)
- Jason-CS/Sentinel-6 ALT Level-2 Product specification (L2 ALT PFS)
- Jason-CS/Sentinel-6 ALT Level-1 Product specification (L1 ALT PFS)
- Jason-CS/Sentinel-6 ALT Level 2 NetCDF Dump
- Jason-CS/Sentinel-6 ALT Level 1 NetCDF Dump
A similar call by NASA/NOAA (ROSES OSTST) specifically issued to select US proposals, and a similar call from CNES (TOSCA) is planned. Because existing NASA, NOAA and CNES ROSES/TOSCA calls already included requests for validation support of Jason-CS/Sentinel-6, researchers successfully funded under those existing teams will be invited to join the S6VT, until new ROSES/TOSCA selections are made.
Should you need more information about the Sentinel-6 Validation Team Call, you can contact the Sentinel-6 Mission team.