ALOS PALSAR - Issue with level 1.0 Fine Beam stripmap acquisitions
ALOS PALSAR - Issue with level 1.0 Fine Beam (stripmap) acquisitions
05 Jan 2018
Please be aware the ALOS FBS_RAW_0P and FBD_RAW_0P collections, on the dissemination server, the files contained in the .CEOS bundle are incorrectly named as Wide (ScanSAR) products: they are actually products in Fine Beam observation mode as can be seen by the 70 km swath of these acquisitions.
An investigation ascertained that the other collections (polarimetric products and higher level products) are not impacted by the issue.
Such files should be named as defined by the JAXA product specification i.e.:
Volume Directory File: VOL-AABBBCDDDDDEEEE-JKKKLMN
Leader File: LED-AABBBCDDDDDEEEE-JKKKLMN
Image File: IMG-XX-AABBBCDDDDDEEEE-JKKKLMN
Trailer File: TRL-AABBBCDDDDDEEEE-JKKKLMN
This naming convention is defined as follows:
AABBBCDDDDDEEEE: Scene ID
- AA: Mission type (=AL)
- BBB: Sensor type (=PSR)
- C: Supplemental remarks of sensor type (S: Wide observation mode, P: Except wide observation mode)
- DDDDD: Total calculated orbit number of the scene centre
- EEEE: Frame number of the scene centre
JKKKLMN: Product ID
- J: Observation mode (H: High resolution mode, W: Wide observation mode, D: Direct down link mode, P: Polarimetry mode, C: Calibration mode)
- KKK: Processing level (1.0: Level 1.0, 1.1: Level 1.1, 1.5: Level 1.5)
- L: Processing option (G: Geo-Coded specified, _: Not specified)
- M: Map projection (U: UTM, P: PS, M: MER, L: LCC, _: Not specified)
- N: Ascending Node (A: Ascending, D: Descending)
All products in the FBS_RAW_0P and FBD_RAW_0P were assigned a wrong C value (should be "P" instead of "S"), and a wrong J value (should be "H" instead of "W") in the file name.
A plan is being defined to update the products on the operational dissemination server as soon as possible.