- 11th Swarm Data Quality Worksh...
11th Swarm Data Quality Workshop
11-Oct - 15-Oct 2021
The 11th Swarm Data Quality Workshop was a hybrid event, hosted by the Institute for Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space Applications and Remote Sensing (IAASARS) at the National Observatory of Athens (NOA), Greece, from 11 to 15 October 2021, with the purpose of bringing together Swarm multi-disciplinary scientists and instruments’ experts to collect innovative ideas for future Swarm-based activities and products, targeting new processing algorithms, correction improvements, emerging applications and multi-mission synergy.
The workshop was instrumental in addressing the processing and use of Swarm data and defining a road map for the following:
- Verifying the newly mission wide reprocessed L1B dataset
- Identifying and selecting new Swarm data products and services
- Enhancing synergy with other satellite missions
- Prioritising future Swarm-related research activities in view of the upcoming mission extension
- Collecting input for the optimisation of the long term orbital constellation in view of addressing a wide spectrum of applications
With more than 200 attendees (of which 65 attended in person and the rest remotely), 98 contributions in 8 thematic sessions, and dedicated time slots for discussion, the workshop gave the user community a unique opportunity to interact with the ESA Swarm teams on future scientific challenges, mission planning, and data product refinements.
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice