The Pléiades twins (1A and 1B) are very high-resolution satellites delivering 50-cm Ortho products as a standard.
The telescope is a Korsch type combination with 65cm aperture diameter, focal length of 12.905m, f/20, TMA optics, delivering a 20km swath at Nadir. It works on the following spectral bands:
Pan: 0.47-0.83µm- Blue = 0.43-0.55µm- Green = 0.50-0.62µm- Red = 0.59-0.71µm - Near Infrared = 0.74-0.94µm
The ortho-products are automatically generated by the Pleiades ground segment, based on SRTM or Reference3D database. The projection available for Pleiades ortho-products is UTM, datum WGS84. Pleiades products are available in the following modes:
- Panchromatic image at 0.5m resolution
- Pansharpened colour image at 0.5m resolution
- Multispectral image in 4 spectral bands at 2m resolution
- Bundle (0.5m panchromatic image + 2m multispectral image)
- Primary: The Primary product is the processing level closest to the natural image acquired by the sensor. This product restores perfect collection conditions: the sensor is placed in rectilinear geometry, and the image is clear of all radiometric distortion.
- Standard Ortho: The Ortho product is a georeferenced image in Earth geometry, corrected from acquisition and terrain off-nadir effects.
- Tailored ortho: Aside from the Standard Ortho product, when different specifications are needed, a custom orthorectification, with a more precise 3D model provided by the client or acquired for the purpose, can be provided on demand.
Resolution: 2 to 0.5 metres