- Odin SMR data products
Odin SMR data products
How To Access Data
External Data (Restrained)
- Go to the Odin-SMR Project Portal
- Odin-SMR Level 1 in JSON format
- Odin-SMR Level 2 as NetCDF files
- Odin-SMR monthly Level 2 as NetCDF files derived from L2 v3.0 data
- Follow the steps described on the website to access the data.
The latest Odin Sub-Millimetre Radiometer (SMR) datasets have been generated by Chalmers University of Technology and Molflow within the Odin-SMR Recalibration and Harmonisation project, funded by the European Space Agency (ESA) to create a fully consistent and homogeneous dataset from the 20 years of satellite operations. The Odin satellite was launched in February 2001 as a joint undertaking between Sweden, Canada, France and Finland, and is part of the ESA Third Party Missions (TPM) programme since 2007.
The complete Odin-SMR data archive was reprocessed applying a revised calibration scheme and upgraded algorithms. The Level 1b dataset is entirely reconsolidated, while Level 2 products are regenerated for the main mesospheric and stratospheric frequency modes (i.e., FM 01, 02, 08, 13, 14, 19, 21, 22, 24). The resulting dataset represents the first full-mission reprocessing campaign of the mission, which is still in operation.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
- European Space Agency, 2020, Odin SMR Level 1 data products, Version 8http://doi.org/10.5270/OD1-010f2d4
- European Space Agency, 2020, Odin SMR Level 2 data products, Version 3https://doi.org/10.5270/OD1-d98abd8
- European Space Agency, 2020, Odin SMR Level 2 monthly data products, Version 1https://doi.org/10.5270/OD1-34d7e73
Technical Documentation from the Odin-SMR Project
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
If you want to receive newsletters from ESA please read and accept the Privacy Notice