- ERS-1/2 ATSR ARC L2P/L3U [UPA-...
ERS-1/2 ATSR ARC L2P/L3U [UPA-L2P_GHRSST/L3U_GHRSST]
How To Access Data
Fast Registration with Approval (Restrained)
- Go to the ESA User Services Portal
- Register or log in to EO Sign In
- Submit the form for accessing the data
- The request will be evaluated by ESA, which normally takes up to 2 days
- Upon successful evaluation, you will receive a confirmation email
- A second email will follow with details of where to download the data
- Download the products from ftp://ats-ftp-ds.eo.esa.int/ via an FTP client.
The L2P product contains full resolution dual-view Sea Surface Temperature (SST) values. These SST use the ARC SST retrieval and cloud screening which differ from the methods used to produce the Gridded Surface Temperature (ATS_NR__2P) products. In addition to SST, the L2P products contain the ATSR Saharan Dust Index (ASDI) and the clear-sky probability estimated by the ARC cloud detection algorithm.
The L2P processor also generates L3U products; these are the L2P products averaged onto a regular grid at 0.1 degree resolution (they are therefore similar to the AR / Meteo Envisat-format products).
The L2P and L3U products are provided in NetCDF-4 format following GHRSST Data Specifications (GDS) v2.
The L2P/L3U archive has been reprocessed with a new processor based upon the ARC SST; the changes are outlined in full in the L2P Reprocessing User Note.
DATA SET SPECIFICATIONS
APPLICABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
(A)ATSR SST L2P/L3U Product User Guide
GHRSST data specifications
More ATSR Documents
(A)ATSR Software Tools
ESA Earth Observation User Services Portal
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive highlights of recent news from Earth Online