What is Swarm DISC?
The Swarm DISC (Swarm Data, Innovation, and Science Cluster) is an international consortium to enhance the scientific return of the Swarm satellite mission. The tasks of the Swarm DISC include processing and dissemination of Swarm Level 1b and Level 2 data products, communication activities, as well as identifying, selecting and running New Swarm Products and Services. The Swarm DISC project is funded by ESA through contract No. 4000109587/13/I-NB.
Swarm DISC tasks
Swarm DISC tasks include:
- Maintenance, evolution and processing of Level-1b and Level-2 algorithms
- Level-2 data product generation. This is done by the Swarm SCARF (Satellite Constellation Application and Research Facility) consortium, a subset of the Swarm DISC
- Swarm Data Quality Monitoring and Anomaly Investigation
- "Procurement" (i.e. identifying, selecting and running) of New Swarm Products and Services
- Communication with the Scientists
- Public Outreach Activities