GlobAerosol: A long term aerosol record from European satellite instruments.
Gareth Thomas(1), Caroline Poulsen(2), Richard Siddans(2), Don Grainger(1), Brian Kerridge(2), Andy Sayer(1), Elisa Carboni(1), Pierre-Yves Deschamps(3), Óscar Navarro(4), Oscar Portela(4) and Simon Pinnock(5)
(1) University of Oxford, Clarendon Laboratory, OX1 3PU Oxford, United Kingdom
(2) Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton, OX11 0QX Didcot, United Kingdom
(3) Laboratoire d'Optique Atmosphérique, Université de Lille, 59655, Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
(4) GMV Aerospace and Defense S.A., Isaac Newton, 11, E-28760 Madrid, Spain
(5) ESA ESRIN, Via Galileo Galilei, 00044 Frascati, Italy
GlobAEROSOL is a 12 year (1995-2007) global aerosol dataset derived from the ATSR-2, AATSR, MERIS and SEVIRI instruments. Data are available in common format for all four instruments individually, as well as in combined "merged" products. Production of the full dataset has recently been completed and will soon be available for public access. This talk will give an overview of the available data and the analysis used to produce it, as well presenting a regional analysis of the long term behaviour of the global atmospheric aerosol burden revealed by the data.