The European Space Agency is organizing a Europhysics Conference on the topical theme atmosphere to provide scientists and data users with the opportunity to present first-hand and up-to-date results from their ongoing research activities on the ERS-2/GOME-1, ENVISAT/GOMOS/MIPAS/SCIAMACHY, EOS-AURA/OMI and ACE/FTS/MAESTRO instruments. The conference will include as well discussions on applications, data quality, and the development of new algorithms and data products.
The Conference will be held at ESRIN, Frascati, Italy from 08-12 May 2006.
The conference is open to ESA Principal Investigators, OMI/FTS/MAESTRO data users, scientists, and students working in the field of remote sensing of the atmosphere and to representatives from national, European and international space agencies and Value Adding Industry.
The Conference is meant to:
- Provide a forum for ESA Principal Investigators to present results of AO and Cat1 projects
- Provide a forum for knowledge exchange of scientists using atmospheric satellite measurements
- Inform data users about instrument performance, data processing and product quality
- Discuss various aspects of the data ordering process, data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of different atmospheric instruments
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of atmospheric and optical instruments (e.g. AATSR/SCIAMACHY)
- Formulate recommendations for algorithm development
The conference will be organized around oral and poster presentations, invited talks from key experts, and hands-on demonstration of data ordering and software tools.
Poster Dimensions: maximun width - 1m, maximum length - 2m.
- Instrument Performance
- Products and algorithms, data processing, and data quality
- Remote sensing of trace gases in the stratosphere and troposphere
- Remote sensing of clouds, aerosols and UV information
- Air pollution monitoring
- Data assimilation techniques
- Atmospheric applications development
- User Tools